Humanitarian Immigration

Learn more about humanitarian immigration which focuses on helping those who have endured oppression and injustices and facilitating their access to a new life.

Given the changing nature of the politics in the world, you may need to leave your home country to escape persecution based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group, such as LGBTI; however seeking asylum or refugee status is discretionary. There are time limits involved as well so it is important to get started on your petition right away.  Let our immigration lawyers help you.

Further, if you are or have been the victim of certain crimes, you may be eligible for a visa through the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA),  U or T Visa programs. To ensure quality, personal representation, our immigration lawyers focus on the following visas:

  1. VAWA/U Visa: For victims of crime who have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse, whether at the hands of a US citizen spouse or a stranger.
  2. T Visa: For victims of human trafficking and forced into illegal labor, such as involuntary prostitution or servitude.
  3. Temporary Protected Status (TPS):  For foreign nationals where their home country has received Department of Homeland Security designation.
  4. Adjustment of Status: For those already in the U.S. seeking to modify their current status granted under one of the categories mentioned above.  You’ll be changing your status from one of the visas to lawful permanent residency (a “green card”). You’re on your way to being eligible to apply for citizenship!

Successful humanitarian immigration into the United States can be as potentially lifesaving and life changing process. At Swenson Law Office, PC, it would be our honor to work with you during this difficult time to make the right legal decisions and properly petition for the right visa program.

Contact our Denver, CO office today to get started.  Let us assist you for your citizenship and immigration attorney needs in the Denver, Colorado area or for other areas of the United States of America.