O visa: Immigration for Artists, Athletes & Entertainers

O visa: Extraordinary Achievement, Outstanding Ability |  Athlete Immigration | Artist Immigration | Entertainer Immigration

International artists, athletes, entertainers, and musicians all can benefit from either the O or P visa, depending on the circumstances.

This visa is for temporary work in the U.S.  The professional categories are broadly interpreted by the immigration service: sciences, arts (which includes athletes), education, business, motion pictures and television industries.

This visa category provides for four (4) types of visa:

  1. O-1A visa: This type of O visa is for those with extraordinary ability in the arts.  This does not include the motion pictures or television industries however.
  2. O-1B visa: This is for those who have extraordinary abilities or achievements in the motion pictures or television industry.  It is a very limited category but the good news is the demonstration of extraordinary achievement does not command as high of a standard as the other professions in this category.
  3. O-2 visa:  This visa is intended for those who are an “integral part” of the athlete or entertainers work. In other words, you are essential personnel who perform functions that cannot be completed by US workers due to your critical skill and historical experience with the athlete or entertainer.  The O-2 visa is not available for professionals in the sciences, business, or education.
  4. O-3 visa:  This is for your immediate family: spouse and/or children (under 21 years old).  Just so you know now: they may come and tour with you but they cannot work.  They can go to school though without having to apply for an F visa.

If you believe you qualify for the O visa or still have questions, contact us now or call 720.414.2027 and let us guide you through the US immigration system!

Swenson Law Office, PC

5161 E. Arapahoe Rd., Suite 120